Saturday, December 19, 2009

Uh, I don't think we're supposed to eat that...

We cleared out the mostly dead garden today and saw this "thing" next to a rotting tomato (I think a mouse was busy eating that tomato at one point). What the heck is this thing anyway? Mold? Fungus?

Here's a zoomed in picture.


  1. I may be wrong, but I believe that is actually a type of wild mushroom. Can't remember the name, but will see if I can find it in my mushroom book.

  2. Yes, in the zoomed picture, I think I can see little "mushroom caps" at the end of each of those stalks. Neat!