Thursday, December 19, 2013

Paracord Crochet

Earlier I posted a picture of some of the bags I had been making. Since then, I continued on and made several more crocheted bags for holding small gifts or whatnot. As part of that process I wanted to try to find some more yarn. I had begun to tire of the colors I had at hand. So I rummaged deep into the closet and I found my bag of different colored paracord.


And that's the result. It's hard work, crocheting paracord. My hands were a bit sore the next day. And that stuff is stiff enough as to be almost unforgiving.

I'll probably just leave it in the pile of finished but unused projects. Or maybe I'll hand it to my younger daughter so she can add it to the ever-growing pile of crocheted baskets and bags that she's always "rescuing" from the unused, unfinished, un-presentable pile of my experiments.

4 comments:

  1. The paracord definitely looks hard to work with, but the basket is amazing.

    I wanted to mention that I'm almost finished with Jute's Charmed Life and have loved it. I'm doing some Christmas visiting and should get it finished soon. I'll give it a review on Amazon then!

    In the meantime, wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it the other day and got my review on Amazon. The reviews look great.

      Delete
    2. I saw it last night! You're so nice! Just need a couple more... :)

      Delete
  2. I made a similar pouch but I did no crochet, I used the hitch. You can see the process here.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete