Sunday, May 10, 2009

My How They've Grown!

Here's a picture of our three Barred Rocks, "enjoying" their new, somewhat smaller free range area in the backyard. We put up some lightweight netting to restrict their roaming. The good thing is that the netting is extremely easy to move around, and so the area can be reconfigured in just a minute or two.



The smaller bird (furthest away) is CheepersV, who you might remember was the replacement chicken who came in a few weeks later than the other chicks. She's growing so quickly...

And you can really see the faces of the other chickens now.

Eggs any day now... ;)

1 comment:

  1. When I was a child I always wanted chickens, because I loved Little House on the Prairie and I wanted to gather the eggs like Laura always did.

    Good luck with you chickens.

    ReplyDelete