Saturday, December 17, 2011

Made

After last Christmas I sat down with my kids to talk about maybe trying to take some of the commercial aspect out of gift giving. I wanted us to give things that meant a little more. They seemed to think it was a good idea and so we made a few of the gifts we gave this year.






That's an orange and black duct tape wallet for a San Francisco Giants fan we know. Also, some "survival" bracelets made from paracord.

We also made some little sewing kits that we put inside these cool metal tins shaped like mint tins, but about 10 times stronger. My older daughter did some sewing projects for gifts as well. Overall I'm pleased and I think we'll try to do more in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Just getting caught up on posts. Love the photos of your cats! I think the duct tape wallet is pretty neat too. Very clever idea. The sewing kits too, always welcome and useful.

    ReplyDelete