Sunday, June 12, 2016

Scrap Pile Project: Kreg Jig Storage Base

I noticed that after I went through the garage, the rafters, and the storage shed, I've managed to build up quite a pile of scrap wood: cutoffs, mistakes, extras, etc.

I saw a really cool project here (http://www.handy1.ca/kreg-jig-storage-base/) and decided to pretty much copy it as best I could with the leftovers I have.


Here it is while I was spraying it with some clear shellac. I had already put the hinge on when I decided it needed another coat.

The lid is a somewhat warped piece of cheap pine I've had for a while, but I think it will work fine.






Again, shamelessly copying the one I saw online. Turns out that once you put the jig itself up on the lid of the box, you don't really need much space inside the box for the accessories! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment