Saturday, January 21, 2017

Dresser Conversion

We go this old dresser from some friends of ours. They were getting rid of it as it had definitely seen some better days.





My plan was to convert it into a cabinet by removing the drawers and rails, then adding interior shelves. For the cabinet doors, I pulled the fronts off the drawers and attached them to some plywood.

I left the top row of drawers alone.

I ended up having to do a lot of fixing to the carcass before I could even get started and I'm having a really difficult time matching the stain. I've definitely found one of those skills I'll need to spend a lot of time on if I want to figure out. Matching stain...

Because this is going to be a home for the record player and records, I made sure the shelves were the right height for albums and then reattached the doors. Aside from the stain issue, it's all ready to go. (well, I have to re-attach the knob on the top right drawer, and the top left drawer will likely always have that chunk missing...)






No comments:

Post a Comment