We go this old dresser from some friends of ours. They were getting rid of it as it had definitely seen some better days.
My plan was to convert it into a cabinet by removing the drawers and rails, then adding interior shelves. For the cabinet doors, I pulled the fronts off the drawers and attached them to some plywood.
I left the top row of drawers alone.
I ended up having to do a lot of fixing to the carcass before I could even get started and I'm having a really difficult time matching the stain. I've definitely found one of those skills I'll need to spend a lot of time on if I want to figure out. Matching stain...
Because this is going to be a home for the record player and records, I made sure the shelves were the right height for albums and then reattached the doors. Aside from the stain issue, it's all ready to go. (well, I have to re-attach the knob on the top right drawer, and the top left drawer will likely always have that chunk missing...)