Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Finished!

Ok, finally! We finally finished the trim project. Of course, there was no real reason for it take three years. Laziness is the ultimate conclusion. But after we gave up on finding the perfect matching stain, what we ended up with was really, really close. Plus, we got to use the nifty brad nailer we bought when we did the baseboards in the office and kids' room. Or, rather, I should say _she_ got to use it. I don't think I've fired off more than a single nail with that gun. She always gets the honors... :)

Some pictures...

Yeah, we wanted the trim to cover up this gap in the original mantle.






And here it is installed. Not bad.

And now, here's a sneak peek at what I'll be working on this weekend:




2 comments:

  1. 3 years, huh? Nice to know we're not the only ones with loooooooooong projects. It looks really good though. Those nail guns are a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I would never spring for one as they seemed so expensive and I don't like air compressors/etc. Too much noise. This one was on super sale and is battery powered. So far, it's nailed through oak, redwood, pine, maple, and (I think) alder. Love it.

    Honestly, we kept letting it go because we didn't know how to match the stain. But I figured it was better to just get it done and be close than to hold out for perfection and never get it done.

    ReplyDelete