Ok, finally! We finally finished the trim project. Of course, there was no real reason for it take three years. Laziness is the ultimate conclusion. But after we gave up on finding the perfect matching stain, what we ended up with was really, really close. Plus, we got to use the nifty brad nailer we bought when we did the baseboards in the office and kids' room. Or, rather, I should say _she_ got to use it. I don't think I've fired off more than a single nail with that gun. She always gets the honors... :)
Yeah, we wanted the trim to cover up this gap in the original mantle.
And here it is installed. Not bad.
And now, here's a sneak peek at what I'll be working on this weekend: