Monday, September 15, 2014

Patience

I need to have more patience with things around the house/yard.

That leghorn is 26-ish weeks old and still hasn't started laying. I'm ready to get rid of it, but from what I've read, it can take up to 28 weeks ("or longer" -- whatever that means!). So I need to be more patient.

That big lawn in the back, the one that I've regretted since about 1 year after we put it in? Still there. But we're getting a plan together to rip it out (we are having a drought you know!) since it's nearly dead anyway. See? Patience.

So easy to say, but hard for me to do. With so much success in the garden this year, I think we're both more interested in expanding the garden size and maybe getting a little creative with the layout.

Now I need to be patient and wait for late winter when we'll try to see about getting started...

No comments:

Post a Comment