Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2010, The Year of the Book?

I didn't get as far as I'd like on my 2009 goal of getting a book into publishable form. I did manage to get it read by a few people, one of whom I met via Twitter (so yes, it can serve an actual purpose! Thanks, @foreverjuly). I wrote a draft (nanowrimo) for book two, too.

I just can't believe how quickly the year flew past. It was hot in January, we got chickens, built a coop, it was cold again, then it was warm, then it was November. Zip, Zap, Zoom! Now it's January all over again and I have TWO unpolished books to sort out.

I realize now that part of the reason for the delay is that I'm purely in a reactive mode. Waiting for things to happen may feel organic, but it can sure take a long time... So, I think I need to put things into action, knock over that first domino...

No comments:

Post a Comment